Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bully and Me

It's been some time fellow beer drinkers. Actually, its been way too long time since my last blog, but I figured to check in. The last few weeks have been hetic. Work has been busy with some very interesting challenges. I've really gotten comfortable living in my condo. And more wild is the fact that I finally got my English Bulldog.

For some reason, I've always had the desire to get an English Bulldog. I've never made it a secret that this is something that I would want to pursure. After finally getting the courage to make a new friend, I got my white English Bully puppy that's named Mrs. Utley. Clever, right. Maybe I could start a dog blog, Bully and H? How's that sound?

Today was longer than expected so I needed a beer. With Lauren's party last Friday, we had plently of left over beer. I scanned my crowded fridge and saw Sam Adam's Irish Red. Earlier tonight I noticed a friend on facebook enjoying this beer. I figured, why the hell not. I decided to grab my Sam Adam's pint glass and found this beer to be a little darker than your typical Sam's lager. I must have been a bit excited as I poured my beer too fast that I created too much head, which produced spillover. I did the typical slurp to try to limit the amount I would need to clean up.

I found the aroma to the beer as sweet as the taste. I don't know if I was as thirsty as my bulldog, but I finished my brew quick enough that I considered a second. This beer was refreshing, however I didn't find this as good as some of the products Sam's brews. I got this beer out of their fall seasonal sampler pack. While most of the beers in this case I enjoyed - like the pumpkin or octoberfest, the Irish Red wasn't one of my favorites.


1 comment:

  1. Finally had a Blue Moon.. Wow.. it was a great treat.. actually shocked me at first sip.. well worth the 5$ a 12 oz. glass but not for a night of drinking beer,, Thanks for the awesome tip

    ReplyDelete