Thursday, February 17, 2011

Swimsuits and Beer

One of the best reasons to have subscription to Sports Illustrated is for the Swimsuit Edition. For the past three years sometime around the month of February, I am blessed to get one of the most talked about magazines in the mail. For those that haven't checked it out yet, do yourself a favor and purchase this magazine, It's worth it. I knew I would be getting this magazine any day after hearing the guys on 610 WIP talking to one of the models from the magazine. I just didn't know when. After a long and stressful day at work, I was grateful to come home and see it arrived. I was even more grateful to have a beer while I read it.
I swear that my past few weeks have been the same. Every week day I go to work, and most likely I ended up staying late. Real late. Because I'm such a workaholic, I really don't drink much during the week, mainly on weekends. With work being as busy as ever, I desperately needed a beer when I got home. I was wanting to grab one of the beers from my beer club, but I had forgotten to put them in the fridge. Since I didn't want to drink a warm beer, I ended up taking one of the brews from 6 pack I made at the Shop Right.

The first beer from the pack that caught my eye was an IPA; I don't remember the brand but it looked delicious. As I thought about my initial selection I decided to go a different route. Since I never tried Brawler by Yards brewing company, I went with that. Despite Yards being a Philadelphia based brewery, I haven't had much experience with this brand. I usually don't see this beer on draft, and when I do its not my normal choice. Several weeks back I did order Yards IPA at The Dandelion, which I enjoyed. Remembering my previous experience, I had high expectations.

Before my first sip I wasn't sure what to expect. Taking my first look at the bottle I couldn't figure out what kind of beer it was. The label had BRAWLER across it and had a man and some beast looking guy about to brawl (clever label). Further examining the bottle I notice the beer was considered an ale, and once poured I saw it's nice amber color. The taste of the beer was smooth and had a heavier taste. This beer is definitely worth checking out if you enjoy ale beers. The label states "Crafted in the style of an English session ale, this malt-forward, ruby colored ale is great for when you want to go a few rounds." I can honestly say after dirnking this beer it didn't make me want to fight, but it did give me the desire to read my magazine.

I'm done writing. Going back to reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment