Saturday, February 12, 2011

H's Pork Roll and Cheese

I'll be the first to tell you that I don't cook. Actually, that's a lie as during high school I worked in a Lone Star Steakhouse kitchen, and I do cook meals occasionally. This past week has been a long week, so when I got home I really needed a brew. I opened the fridge and cracked open the first beer I saw, and realized I was hungry. At times when I drink heavier beers I tend to get hungry and crave something unhealthy. I'm sure you've done it too. I bet everyone one of you has gotten a pizza one night well past last call. There wasn't much of a selection but I realized I had all the stuff needed for a Pork Roll and Cheese Sandwich.

The following ingredients will be needed:
Pork Roll - I went with two pieces. Go with one if your watching your weight
English Muffin - HAS to be an English Muffin. No exceptions
Cheese - I only had American so I went with that. I could only imagine how different it might be if it were another type
Butter - Your decision on how much
Beer - Any beer is good beer. However I went with what I had, Stoudts Winter Ale

Throw butter on a pan. After butter is melted throw the two pieces of pork roll on. Wait until both bubble, and once bubbled flip. Repeat until both sides are crispy on the edges. Throw cheese on both pieces, and let melt. Put muffin on pan, and put the pork roll on bottom half of muffin (not with your hands). VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure cheese side is up when putting pork roll on the muffins. Do the same for the second piece. Put top muffin piece on and flip until toasted. 

Hopefully you'll get something like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment