Monday, February 28, 2011

Thomas Hooker: A CT Beer

Before going to CT, I did some research during the week to find out if there were any local breweries or brewpubs I could visit. Although I found a few locations, I was saddened when I found that none of the breweries were within driving distance. As the plan was to enjoy some brews Friday night, I headed to a local beer store that I visited before and approved of their beer selection. I'm not sure about you, but I ALWAYS have a difficult time deciding on what I will be drinking as I am just sooo picky. Lately, I find myself trying to branch out and pick stuff for this blog. Sometime this week, I will be putting together H's Guide to Picking Beer which you can use to make a decision. You'll have to check back later this week for that.

Prior to getting to the beer store, I knew my beer decision would be based on getting something that was brewed in CT. As I scanned the stocked coolers I noticed the Thomas Hooker Beer and remembered this was brewed in the state. This beer brand was one of the breweries I had found during my research. The store was stocked with several different types of this beer, and I grabbed two 6 packs: their IPA and their Blonde Ale. After getting back to the house, I began my drinking of the two beers.

I'm going to be honest, as I drank both of these on Friday I don't really remember what they exactly tasted like. What I do remember was that I enjoyed their IPA over the blonde ale, but that isn't a shocker. The IPA did have a nice hoppy taste that wasn't overwhelming, and the blonde ale had a light taste that some of the non beer drinkers enjoyed. I did notice that this beer tasted very fresh, which definately made the experience that much more enjoyable. I guess you can say that I really enjoyed this beer as I finished both 6 packs and was up until 6AM. At one point I ended up doing a shot which was awful and later found myself in a hot tub.






No comments:

Post a Comment