Sunday, February 20, 2011

Late Night at Bobby Ray's

One of the benefits of living in New Jersey is that last call is around 3AM, as oppose to 2AM in it's neighboring state Pennsylvania. We got back into town around 1:30 and weren't ready for the night to end so we headed to Bobby Ray's on Westfield ave in Pennsauken. Despite this being a local bar this was only my second time there, with my first time being during one of the Phillies playoff games. As a beer junkie, the one thing that excites me is going to a place with a nice draft beer selection, and Bobby Ray's did not disappoint. A handwritten message written on a chalkboard is displayed over one of the entrances showing the listing of the 22 draft beers from their current rotation. I went with the Stone IPA which is not something you normally see on draft, and with each beer poured into a Bobby Ray's glass mug it was an unique touch. I was impressed with their current selection which included Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Riverhorse Lager, Flying Fish Exit 4 and Pennsauken Crick. Yes, I said Pennsauken Crick, which I did try and liked. The bartending staff was friendly and approachable with any questions pertaining to the selection and bar. It was also great to see the owner, Bobby Ray Harris, assisting with the many duties of running a bar. Be sure to check out their website which provides information on their upcoming events and daily specials. Because of the staff, beer selection, and what I saw from the food menu shown on the website, I absolutely will return. With Thursday being Beer Pong night, I will need to find time out of my busy week to attend. Since it's opening in 2010, I heard many positive feedback about one of Pennsauken's newest establishment, and was glad to see that it lived up to the hype.




No comments:

Post a Comment