Thursday, February 3, 2011

Java Before Bed

The last few days have been tough for my blog. Not that I don't have ideas, but lately I've just been working so damn much and been incredibly busy. Work has drastically cut into my beer drinking time durring the week. Thankfully tomorrow is Thirsty Thursday so I should have at least a beer, and were only one day away the weekend. I got home tonight and needed a brew desperately; unfortunately my beer supply at home has been hit hard, very hard. I ended up grabbing a Troegs Java Head which is a little out of the box for my taste buds. This Stout beer is brewed with coffee beans and whole flower hops which give it a very smooth coffee taste. I must admit, lately I've been enjoying Stout beers.

While at school in York, Troegs was on draft at many of the bars and restaurants I frequented since the brewery is only in Harrisburg. As much as I loved the beers this brewery offers I never managed to make it out for a brewery tour, which to this day disappoints me. Troegs offers a wide array of beer types and if you visit your local beer distributor you might be able to pick up their Sampler pack. The one beer that gets alot of praise is their DreamWeaver beer, which I am not a fan of. Not sure if I'm missing something but to me it has a strong after taste. I am a huge fan of their hopback, go figure.


Lately, I've been drinking alot of Troegs so I might have to make a trip out to the brewery one Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment