Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Beer Mecca: Philadelphia

I realized last night that my life is quite boring during the week. I had two opportunities to go out last night but had to pass on both because of work. Besides, I was so exhausted from the week. The first option I passed on was going to Iron Hill Brewery and drinking out in Media with my bud Rich. The second option was hard to turn down as my old college roommate Mike was in town and had two spots at Lucky Strike bowling in the city. Unfortunately as I passed on both, my night consisted of work then coming home and drinking a freshly brewed ice tea. To feel like I was drinking beer I did have it in a pint glass.

Not sure if any of you check out http://www.philly.com/ but yesterday the website was devoted to several articles pertaining to beer. What I gathered from these articles is that the Philadelphia area is really becoming a mecca for beer, which is an amazing thing. It's great to see other people so passionate about beer, and to realize how it much it had evolved. Please check out the article below which talks about brewer Matt Hall, and how he made a career out of brewing beer at Yards Brewing company. As someone who wants to make a career out of beer (writing not brewing) it spoke volumes and provided additional motivation. Enough of yapping, get to reading:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110218_How_to_build_a_career_in_beer.html


I'm heading down to AC tonight, and will be seeing Lady Gaga. Should be interesting, very interesting. I do have dinner reservations for MIA at CAESARS. Got my fingers crossed that they serve local craft beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment