Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The storm that wasn't

I woke up this morning wishing to see that the weather reporters were wrong and the latest storm dumped a huge amount of snow in the Philadelphia/NJ area. The past few days all I've been hearing from the news was about this snowstorm and how it was crippling US cities with several feet of now. Unfortunately when I turned on the news my hopes quickly faded when I realized there was no new snow on the ground, and knew the office would be open. Any plans I made thinking I would have a snow day immediately ended. I guess my praying that I would have off from work so I could drink brewskis all day didn't work was outdone by the amount of people praying that it wouldn't snow. What makes it even worse is that I didn't get to savor any fine beers yesterday because I worked so late (Maybe from a health standpoint no drinking is a good thing). I'm still holding on hope that part two of this winter storm turns out to be more than rain, but again it doesn't appear that way. So far, today has been a long day for me and the traffic durring my morning commute just added to my stress. If I don't plan to work late tonight, I am definately going to have to hit a happy hour or throw down a few brews at dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment