Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chicken Parm and Beer?

I was fairly aggravated Monday night. After a stressful eye exam that lasted over two hours I was needing a beer, desperately. On a night like this, I would imagine I would head to the brewery or some micro brew bar to drink some beers, and take the stress off the day. Instead, I met up with my parents at Maggianos. The last time I went here for dinner I was disappointed by their beer menu, or lack thereof. I guess I can't really complain or say that I'm surprised as most Italian restaurants I've been to only serve wine. Heck, a few years back I went to Italy and realized they don't drink much beer. I also understand that Italy is the wine capital of the world, but I wish they would spend more time on their beer. The server listed the draft selection and I went with the safe bet: Sam Adam's Summer Ale. For a second I considered to go with the Peroni or even Stella Artois, but decided to go with a light beer I know I would enjoy. The beer was good and definately relaxed me, however Summer Ale doesn't really pair too well with Chicken Parm.

No comments:

Post a Comment