Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Price I could not Refuse

The past few days I've been craving a Yards IPA. The Yards IPA is one of the better IPAs I've had and I feel it's is an underrated beer. In my opinion Yards Brewing Company is not as mentioned and popular as some of the other breweries in the Philadelphia/NJ area. I went to PJs Maple Shade Saturday night and thought I was going to squash my craving when I saw Yards was on tap. Unfortunately, it wasn't the Yards IPA, but the Yards Pale Ale. Although their Pale Ale is another one of my favorites, I enjoy their IPA much better, and this is a beer I can get at the next ballgame I go too. After thinking it over, I planned on ordering a draft of the Pale Ale, however when I saw they had $2.75 Blue Moon drafts, how could I pass up such a good deal. I love microbeers, but at times I find the prices of these beers a bit high. Having to pay $5 to $6 for a draft seems a bit high when I see products like Miller or Bud going much cheaper. I understand these smaller breweries produce much smaller batches than larger beer companies, but I always enjoy a bar that had draft microbeer beer specials. The Blue Moon was delicious and having it at such a low price was great (even if I wasn't paying). Does anyone know of a good bar that sells Microbeers at reasonable prices - even if it's just for happy hour.

If your wondering, I ended up squeezing the orange into the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment