Sunday, June 26, 2011

Two Brews at the Ballpark

Earlier this week I decided I would sell my Phillies tickets for Friday, June 24. With my furniture being delivered Saturday, and attending this upcoming Thursday game against Boston, I figured I could use the night to get my place set up. This season, I've sold a lot more of my Phillies tickets than I've done in years past. I guess this is the sacrifice that many say you have to make when you become a homeowner. For games I've listed for sale this season, I never had an issue unloading the tickets. But somehow I had a difficult time selling these tickets. Once 2 PM Friday hit, and I still had the tickets I decided to would go to the game regardless of what I originally planned. I got down to the stadium, and wanted to limit the amount of beer I would drink considering I would be driving home. I ended up drinking two beers: Shocktop without an Orange, and Bud Light Wheat. I've had the shocktop at the game before and mentioned this is a great beer to drink on a hot summer night, however I never had the Bud Wheat. One of the things I enjoy about the Phillies games is the large aluminum cans Bud and Miller products are sold in. These bottles are kept in ice and keep the beer so cold. My only complaint would be that I wish they sold some of my favorite microbeers in these bottles. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the bud wheat, but there's not much to say than this is an average wheat beer. I've had better, but it was solid and enjoyable. It was extremely cold and had more taste than a Bud Light. I was surprised I went with this beer choice, however this was served in one of the shorter beer lines, which factored into my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment