Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beer: A Great Lullaby

I slept like a baby last night after drinking two large drafts at dinner. I went to Houlihan's Bar, and ordered an old favorite: Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat. Needing a big drink I asked for a tall draft, but must say I was disappointed with the beer choice, and I'm not sure why. Drinking the Cherry wheat just didn't sit well, and I felt like I wanted more out of my beer. It seemed off, and although I could taste the cherries, for some reason my beer tasted tart. Regardless I finished the beer, so it couldn't have been too bad. Then again, maybe I was just thirsty. For my second choice I went with another old favorite: Blue Moon. No, not the summer seasonal, Honey Moon, but the regular Blue Moon. The one with the orange, and no, I didn't squeeze the orange. The Blue Moon was refreshing, but again I wanted more out of my beer. Lately I've been craving something different than the normal beers I drink. I like drinking a micro beers, but want something other than a summer seasonal. I am disappointed that I had not gotten to drink any Sam Adam's White Ale as no place I went to had that on tap for the spring seasonal. Most places had the Noble Pils, which is not at the White Ale level. Because I was in bed by 10, I must say when I woke this morning I felt great!

No comments:

Post a Comment