Monday, June 6, 2011

Iron Hill Stepping It's Brewing Up

It's been a few days since my last blog. This past week most of my time has been spent working on the house, and I just haven't had the chance to do much writing. I did manage to drink some refreshing/cold/tasty/fill in the blank beers Friday night at Iron Hill. Now that I live across the street, I'm thinking I will go there to drink when I need a beer (assuming I have extra money). If you haven't gotten the chance, get over to the brewery soon as they have an extensive seasonal list of beers on tap. I was actually surprised by the amount of seasonal on the draft list that I asked the server if the brew master was doing this because of Philly Beer Week. She said they were aware of PBW, but that wasn't the reason for the extensive selection. Apparently the brew master has been doing a great job, and had a lot of kegs that needed drinking so he put them on tap. Thankfully for him, I came to drink.

Glancing over the list I saw my favorite Iron Hill beer: Rising Sun; If it was up to me this beer would become a staple at the Iron Hill. This IPA is brewed with Japanese Hops that has such a smooth taste. I ended up drinking three beers as it was a Friday night. Being that I am now a Maple Shade resident there was a beer called the #100 which was brewed specifically for this location. The description stated it was brewed 100 lbs of sugar, malts, corn, etc. I had a sample of this beer, but since this was Friday I don't remember taste. I do remember thinking I wouldn't order a draft of this. The other beer on their seasonal list that I would have tried (assuming Rising Sun wasn't on draft) is the Apricot Wheat. For some reason I have been craving the Aprihop By Dogfish Head.

Getting off subject, not sure if any of you read the blog ZoowithRoy.com. aka I want to go to the zoo with Roy Halladay. Iron Hill has teamed up with this blog and if brewing a beer after this blog. I'm hoping to get to try a sample of this beer as I find the concept great. Maybe Iron Hill can make a beer after H Loves Beer... maybe?



No comments:

Post a Comment