Monday, June 27, 2011

I wouldn't wish this on my worst Enemy

Imagine waking up one day and not enjoying the taste of beer. After years of enjoying beer, you now can't even stand the smell of it. For beer lovers like me, that would be my ultimately nightmare. One that I NEVER want to experience, nor wish upon anyone. I went to dinner with my Grandmother the other night at the Tortilla Press Fajita Night and found out she no longer loves beer, and thinks it taste like a "bar floor." For over 30 years she drank her 6 ounce Budweiser's from a can. While some drink tea before bed, my grandmother considers a small beer her treat. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. Whenever I go to the Tortilla Press I always ask the server what they have on tap, wishing one time she'll mention something that spikes my interest. As she was listing the beers I noticed they had a Summer Seasonal that wasn't Sam Adam's. I thought for sure I would go with this beer until I learned it was a Bock beer. Because I was enjoying Mexican food I went with the Modelo Lager which is a nice fine dark Mexican brew. It was then that I learned of my Grandmother's "condition." While enjoying my beer, she asked to take a sip, but didn't enjoy it. Although she didn't enjoy it that doesn't mean I didn't, and thankfully I went another day enjoying beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment