Saturday, June 18, 2011

Was I that Thirsty or was the Beer that Good?

By the time I went for lunch, I was so thirsty. I'm not sure how, but I didn't have anything to drink Saturday morning, and by the time I went to lunch I felt like I've been walking the Sahara for days. I was that parched. Because I'm a great grandson, I decided to visit and bring my grandmother lunch. Afterwards, I needed food myself, and Laur and I ended up at an authentic Mexican restaurant in the Northeast: Las Margaritas. No disrespect to Chef Mark and The Tortilla Press in Pennsauken, but going to a traditional Mexican restaurant is always a great meal. After being seated I needed a frosty beer and saw they had Dos XX Amber on draft, which is the beer I usually drink at the Press. My first beer came with a nice head, and I was shocked to see a lime on the side. Normally, when I see a lime it's because I'm drinking a Corona or a light beach beer, not a dark Amber beer. Feeling the lime, I decided to flick the lime into the beer and watched the lime bubble up or carbonate my beer. I mentioned being thirsty because I drank my first beer like water. Yes, I drank it that quick. It reminded of the saying I saw on t-shirts in Mexico: Save Water Drink Beer. As I was looking to do a light lunch, I really only wanted one beer, but the beer was that damn good I ordered a second. Or maybe I was really thirsty. As I was leaving the restaurant I did notice a really cool Coor's light Neon sign that I've posted below. Many of the sports bars I've been too have the same Coor's light sign that has the NFL logos. However, as this was a Mexican bar that must enjoy soccer, their Coor's light sign had all the soccer teams. I'm not much of a soccer fan, but I was impressed with this neon.

No comments:

Post a Comment