Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Red Beer for a Red Holiday

The thought of Valentines Day didn't cross my mind yesterday. After looking at houses with Lauren we wanted an early dinner and headed to Bahama Breeze believing we would beat any Sunday night crowds. Obviously we were wrong, dead wrong. I guess plenty of couples were celebrating Valentines Day because this place was mobbed with some overdressed people. When we checked in, the hosts informed us that there was anywhere from a 30-45 minute wait. Unfortunately the wait was closer to a hour and half. Usually when there's a long wait I'll head to the bar and grab a drink or two, but with the bar being so packed I didn't dare to venture.

By the the time we got seated I was craving alcohol. My feet were sore from standing, I was hungry from not eating all day, and I was a bit tired from the day before. I've frequented this chain numerous times, however more often my drink of choice will be water or unsweetened ice tea. On occasions I'll order a Mojito, which I highly recommend. Every time I go to Bahama Breeze I always check the drink menu thinking maybe they will offer some local crafts beers, but each time it's the same outcome. I was surprised when I saw that the menu listed Victory Brewing, but when I inquired about it the server had no knowledge of what kind. As I wanted a beer, I decided to go with their house Caribbean beer Aruba Red which I never had. At 3.99 for a 20 ounce draft the price isn't too bad. Too bad the beer wasn't as good as the price. I tried imagining I was on some Island sitting at a beach bar drinking this beer, but I didn't have much luck. I ended up drinking my first one, and ordered a second one. I couldn't have enjoyed the beer too much because I ended up leaving half of my second beer on the table, which is a very uncommon for me. Don't get me wrong the beer wasn't horrible; it just had a crisp light taste similar to Budweiser, and if you've read my blog before, you know my feeling on Bud. The next time I go to Bahama Breeze, I'll stick to ice teas and mojitos

No comments:

Post a Comment