Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Saturday Afternoon at the Brewery

I had every intention to blog yesterday, but after drinking a little too much I didn't get a chance too. My apologizes for that. Yesterday was an early day, after waking up at 7:30AM to run errands. By the time I got home it was around 1:30, so I headed to the Iron Hill brewery for some beer and grub. I mentioned the other day about my excitement that their seasonal beer Rising Sun was back on draft. Not wasting anytime I ended up ordering that for my first beer, and when that was finished I ordered another draft. The Rising Sun is my favorite beer, and was as good as I remembered.

Since I started this blog I've been trying to branch out with my drinking. When I go to a bar or restaurant I find myself ordering something I'm comfortable with. To counter this, I ordered a beer flight of their current seasonal samples. The 4 ounce samples included:

India Black Ale - Similar to their porter but hopped up. I enjoyed this, and would order again

Orange Trufle - Tasted like a chocolate covered orange. It was good, but not something I would order.

American Brown Ale - Reminded me of Newcastle Brown Ale, but was better. Perhaps it might have been better since it was brewed in the same building and was fresh.

Abbey Dubbel - I'm really trying to enjoy Belgian beers, but I'm having a hard time. Although light in color, I just can't seem to enjoy these types. I did manage to drink the full sample for the sake of this blog, but just find these beers aren't for me.

American Tripel (Their seasonal Belgian) - Same as above

Rising Sun - My favorite beer they brew. I can never have too much of this kind.

By the time I left the Iron Hill I was feeling the effects of the beer, and had to pass the car keys to the GF. I'm not sure if it's because the beer I've tried has higher alcohol content but I often leave this place happy.







2 comments:

  1. I like how you had to do it "for the sake of this blog"

    - an appreciative fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I had too. What kind of blogger would I be if I didn't fully research my subject

    ReplyDelete