Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fall Beers Already?

With the end of summer in sight, and fall is right around the corner, I've noticed many breweries have already released their fall seasonal beers. Just the other week I noticed my local supermarket had Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale, and a friend came over the other week with a case of Sam Adam's Octoberfest. I've mentioned it before, and I'm certain I'll mention it again but I love fall beers. I'm a huge fan of the Octoberfest and Pumpkin Ale Beers. The other week I went to the Boathouse in Conshohocken, and got to try a pint of the River Horse Hip O lantern. This imperial pumpkin ale is brewed with pumpkin spices and puree that was delicious. With it being as hot as it's been it was kind of weird drinking a Pumpkin beer that I would associate with the fall, but hey it just goes to show you that brewers are excited about seasonal beers. It kind of reminds me how stores handle Christmas in that they start advertisements and sales even before you get your Thanksgiving Turkey picked out. I enjoyed this beer, however it was very strong with a 9% alcohol content.



No comments:

Post a Comment