Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Gram

It was my Grandmother's birthday the other week, so this past Saturday the family took her to her favorite place: Bertucci's. Since I've began this blog, I've mentioned going here multiple times, and I'm certain it won't surprise you that I ordered a draft of the Harpoon IPA. Actually, I ended up drinking two of them as this is the staple of my meal at this restaurant. There isn't much to report about this beer other than it's an IPA that goes well with the Italian food genre and the fact that it's served in a cool Harpoon IPA mug glass is a nice touch. I went with a BBQ chicken pizza, and the menu suggested pairing this with a Boston Sam Adam's Lager. This is good marketing by Bertucci's as it gives those that don't drink beer an idea what kind of beer they should order. Although, I didn't take Bertucci's suggestion, I did find my IPA washed down the pizza well.


No comments:

Post a Comment