Thursday, August 4, 2011

Instead of Orange, Add a Lemon

It's not often I get to watch the Phil's play and drink a beer all in the comforts of my condo. I mentioned it before, but I love when the Phillies play on the west coast, especially when the game is played on a Thirsty Thursday or  Friday night. I got home about a hour ago and I've been chilling drinking a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. I drank several Leinenkugels this weekend as I purchased a summer sampler pack, but as I mentioned drinking several, I couldn't tell you really what it tasted like. The one I'm drinking tonight does read there is a lemonade flavor added to the beer. I've expressed my love to an Arnold Palmer and surprisingly a lemon flavor in a beer does work. It isn't too overwhelming but I can absolutely see myself drinking these out in the sun. Unlike lemonade this beer isn't too sweet and doesn't taste sugary. I did manage to cut up an orange to add to my beer which is not typical considering it's not often I have oranges in my fridge. A lemon would pair much better with this beer than an orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment