Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Brews at the Zoo

I went the zoo Saturday night. No, I didn't go to the zoo to see the lions and tigers, but to drink beer. Not only did I go to drink beer, but I was going to drink craft beer. I got an email about the annual Summer Ale Beer fest held at the zoo and as an anniversary gift my GF decided to get tickets. I drank a lot of different types of brews from many of the local breweries. Honestly, I don't remember many of the beers I did drink, but I do remember this being an awesome time. Aside from the craft beer, there were many local eateries there providing food. There was also a few bands and artist playing music during a hot summer night. I managed to take a few pictures.....

Note: I will attend this event next year, and do suggest you all to join H Loves Beer at the Zoo



I took a picture when I saw the first stands serving beer and food.


The first stand I hit. I think I went with a Belgium beer


Pretty sweet beer cup, and has a Dodo Bird for a logo. I don't remember what kind of beer I had when I took this picture

Lancaster Brewing Company was there. I went with the strawberry wheat and talked their ear off about how I use to go to their brewery all the time. Too bad they didn't have Hop Hog

One of the artist that were playing. I drank too much beer to know if they were any good.
The Extionshion puppets. They asked us to chug, I told them we drink responsibly
Stouts Brewery. I went with their Pale Ale
Ahh Flying Fish. I had to take a picture of this stand. I drank Hopfish

Six Point Brewery. I could have sworn these people were on Long Island, but I was informed their in Broklynn

A couple I met at the beerfest
A shot of the one band before the end of the night

And finally, some woman who was showing me bird eggs. She wouldn't let me hold them, but I did slip her a business card.

No comments:

Post a Comment