Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Most Popular Bar Special

The person who thought of "Wing Night" is a genius. Out of all the specials bars will run, selling wings at a discounted rate has to be one of the most popular and profitable. For some reason people love wings, and especially love them when they are cheap. We've all been to "Wing Night" at some point of our life, and I bet you've all drank beer with your wings. I ended up at PJs last night, which happens to be their "Wing Night." I'm not sure what their discounted price is, but I do know it's a popular event as it was packed. No longer is "Wing Night" an event for poor college kids, as there were plenty of business men devouring chicken wings. When it came time for a beer, I knew I wanted an IPA and went with the Brooklyn East India Pale Ale. My beer paired well with the Hot N Honey wings, and this IPA was milder compared to other IPAs I've tasted. The amber colored beer had a bit of a pine smell and taste that was crisp in taste. The last few times I've gone to PJs, I've noticed they have offered Brooklyn Brewery Beer on draft, however this was the first time they had their IPA as their normal selection consist of the '66 pennant ale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment