Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Few Beer Dates...

With July wrapping up here are some of the highlights I'm looking forward too:

Saturday Afternoon, 7/16 - The Iron Hill brewery in Maple Shade is having their 2nd Anniversary Party. As a mug club member, I feel obligated to go and drink some fresh beer especially since they will have a raffle and free food for members. On tap for the event will be Second Rising,a double IPA similar to the beer Rising Sun that I love so much and A firkin of Christmas in July, a Bourbon Strong Ale.

http://www.ironhillbrewery.com/mapleshade/special-promotions.htm

Saturday Night, 7/16 - Heading into the city. First stop Maggiano's for a birthday dinner, then possibly going to a bar in the city to celebrate another birthday. Not sure how late I'll stay out or how much I'll drink as I'll likely be tired from day drinking and eating a large amount of pasta dishes at dinner. Regardless, should be fun

Friday Night, 7/22 - Phillies game, and it just so happens to be Retro night at the ballpark. Maybe they will have some beer from the 80s? Billy Beer anyone? I doubt it, but I do know I'll enjoy a tasty brew or two. Perhaps end up at Mcfaddens, since that's what I do.

Saturday Evening, 7/23 - Summer Ale Festival 2011 at the Philadelphia zoo. What more fun can you have than drinking craft, local beer while at the zoo. I missed out last year, but will not this year. Hopefully I don't get too drunk and wake up in some cage.

http://www.philadelphiazoo.org/getdoc/05c8f9d2-f97f-487a-90bc-b0e47f8989cf/.htm

Thursday Night, 7/28 - Originally planned on going to the Phillies game, but boy how quick plans can change when beers involved. Instead, I'm going to beer pairing dinner at Chifa in the city. The Jose Graces restaurant is pairing up with Oskar Blues Brewing Company to hold a summer BBQ beer dinner. I know be jealous...

http://chifarestaurant.com/pdf/Chifa_OskarBlues.pdf

Saturday Afternoon, Evening, Night, and Sunday Morning - 7/30 through 7/31 - My college buddies are coming down to drink some beers and party like the old times. OK, not really like the old times as my body can't handle that, but it should be a good time

No comments:

Post a Comment