Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A View from the Diamond Club

Last Tuesday was the start of an important and possible World Series match for the Phillies. With the Red Sox in town, and Cliff Lee matching up against Josh Beckett you knew it was going to be a great game (or should I say "Wicked" game for those Boston fans). I originally planned on watching the game from the comforts of my couch until I got a phone call at 7:00, just a few minutes before first pitch. It was my dad asking, "How fast can you get down to the stadium. I have an extra ticket in the Diamond Club."

Within 30 minutes I was down at the sports complex meeting my Dad. After getting seated right behind home plate, I was quick to enjoy Flying Fish Extra Pale Ale on a hot summer night. The best part of drinking one of my favorite beers was I did not have to wait in the long beer line. Although CBP does a good job at moving the beer lines, when your looking to get a cold beer your still required to wait in line which could possibly cause you to miss an important play. The one benefit of sitting in the Diamond Club was we had a server who brought me delicious and cold Flying Fish Drafts. Once the game ended, I joined my Dad at the Diamond Club bar, and enjoyed an additional Flying Fish. I considered a Blue Moon after seeing my Dad order one, however I consider the Flying Fish Pale Ale, an awesome brew.


No comments:

Post a Comment