Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mid Afternoon Baseball and Sunset Wheat

The reason why so many people enjoy day baseball games is that they have an option to play "hookie" from work. For most there is nothing better than sitting in the sun during a Phillies game, and drinking a cold beer. To my credit, I previously scheduled a day off for Thursday instead of calling in "sick." Earlier that week I went to the Tuesday night game which was humid, but wasn't hot. Thursday's afternoon game was not only humid but HOT! With the sun out, and no clouds in sight I knew I needed a cold beer to beat the summer heat. Because I was sitting in the sun, my first choice of beer would need to be a refreshing and light in taste. I went with a beer that I never had before, and was actually surprised I liked it. Both me and Lauren ended up getting a draft of leinenkugel sunset wheat, which to my surprise Lauren even liked! All I will say is that if she enjoyed it, I am certain anyone would because she is not a beer drinker, at all. I imagined the Sunset Wheat being similar to the Sam Adam's Summer Ale, which was the case in the color of the beer, but not the taste. The taste had a ligther taste that I could have sworn was mixed with a slight taste of fruit. I'm not sure of the fruit, but it kind of reminded me of raspberries. I was quite impressed with this beer, and would recommend it to any beer drinking just from the fact Lauren liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment