Saturday, April 23, 2011

For Once, Tequilla Over Beer

My ride to New Jersey Thursday evening was horrible, and was some of the worst traffic I've driven in some time. Normally I don't care about traffic, however as I had an important meeting with the bank at 6 I didn't want to be late. I left work at 4 thinking I would have enough time to get to Vorhees. Unfortunately, two hours later I was still stuck in my vehicle. The traffic alone was enough to make me drink.

I love leaving work at a normal time, because I get to eat dinner out with my parents and Lauren. The past few weeks I've been craving Tortilla Press so when it came time to make a decision that was my suggestion. We got to the restaurant and realized Chef Mark was having his cooking/dinner class which closed off the restaurant area. Because of his class we sat in the bar area, which turned out to be an awesome experience. I looked over the beer list and saw the taps in front of me; I noticed a Bock beer on tap. Just like Belgian beers, Bock beers are not something I normally drink. As I was uncertain about this beer, I decided to ask for a sample, and I'm glad I did. After the sample, I realized this was not something I could drink as the taste reminded me of a Bourbon. When I drink beer I want it to be refreshing and cold, not dry and warm.

As I was eating Mexican, I went with the Dark Modela beer. Unlike the Bock beer, I've had this beer and knew what to expect with the taste. While sitting in the bar, we got the opportunity to hang with an exciting and crazy bartender, who was like a mad scientist with her drinks. Her first suggestion was a pineapple Mojito, which Lauren and my father ordered. As much as I love beers, a tall Mojito really hits the spot assuming they were made correct. Thankfully, she knew what she was doing,

I finished my first beer, and it was time to get another drink. Instead of grabbing a second beer, I went a different route, and inquired about what Margarita she could whip up. After hearing what she could make I decided on a Mango-Pomegranate Margarita. When I drink Margaritas I order them on the rocks with salt on the rim. I can't remember the last time I drank a Margarita and think this was one of the betters ones I've had. As much as I love beer, and I do mean LOVE beer, I do prefer the occasional mix drink. Especially if those mix drinks include tequilla.


No comments:

Post a Comment