Saturday, April 30, 2011

This Beer reminds me of Easter

I had a "tough" decision to make Thursday night. After working late all week, I figured I could either work another late night and go another day with a beer or I could leave work grab dinner and drink beer. It only took me a second to decide that I needed to leave work as I remembered complaining the other night that it's been several days since I had a beer. I think I actually forgot what beer tastes like!

Plus, I knew if I left work, not only could I drink brews, I would also have something to blog about. Because I wanted to try something different, I ended up at Fingers Wings and Things in Conshohocken. Don't let the name fool you, this place offers more than just wings and chicken products. While I was at work, I took a second out of my busy day to visit their website and instantly became excited after reading their beer menu. The bar menu was awesome and offers some not so common local micro brews. I must admit, I was impressed with their beer menu.

Although the beer menu had several beers I would have ordered, two of their draft beers choices stuck out: Dogfish Head Aprihop and Appalachian Brewing Company Double IPA. It's been years since I've tried a beer from the ABC and can't remember remember ever going to bar other than their brewery that had ABC on tap. Honestly, I would have enjoyed either beer choice, however lately I've been craving to try the Aprihop Beer. I've heard much about this beer, and was teased the other week at the Jug when I was told they had this beer when they didn't. Besides, I never had the Double IPA, and although I love IPAs I'm not much of a fan of Double IPAs. The double IPAs are heavy and have too much of a bite. When it comes to beer I love the bite IPAs offer, but I like the lighter bite over the heavier bite (hopefully that make sense). With an ABC brewpub planned to open in the Philadelphia area sometime this summer, I will again become a regular.
I got my beer and noticed it was a dark in color, however for some odd reason it reminded me of spring. Actually let me rephrase, it reminded me of Easter. I don't think I ever had an Apricot fruit, but If I had I can imagine it tasting like this beer. Prior to my first taste I wasn't sure what to expect and thought it would have more of a lager taste. To my surprise this beer was light in taste, but not in flavor and I could taste the hops. Overall, I felt this was one of the better beers I've had lately, and have to give props to Dogfish Head on this beer. I ended up drinking more than I planned, but because of the type of beer I never felt bloated and even thought about getting a growler to take home. With work Friday morning I decided that might not be the best idea. Next time might be different.




No comments:

Post a Comment