Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No Liquor at this Bar

After being eliminated from the Beer Pong Tournament, I spent the rest of my day relaxing and drinking Miller light. My day in Lancaster, quickly turned to night, and as a group we decided to head to a local bar and grab a drink. Lately, it seems drinking/bar choices are based on my love for beer, and after kicking around a few ideas we decided we would go to the Taproom Brewing House in Lancaster City as they are known for their beer. I mentioned previously that I had gone to school at York, and was always aware of the many breweries this area offers. I do regret and am ashamed to say that I never went to this place, nor even heard of it. I knew I would like this bar when I joked with someone that I'll go only if we don't order shots and was told there's nothing but beer served at this establishment. I immediately knew this would be my type of bar. 

We got to the bar which seemed to be tucked into the bottom side of an office or housing complex. I did my normal glance at the bar area, and saw a handful of taps. However as they were just black tap handles, I wasn't sure of my beer options. As I wasn't a regular I was handed a beer list, and realized this place was different. Each beer had an unique name that stood out to me, and the price of the beer was fair for craft brews. I took a minute to think over my choice, and picked a beer I had no idea what it tastes like. I went with the Mango Ale. From the name, I imagined the beer tasting like Mango's. It had a dark orange color, and after my first sip it reminded me more of a cider. Out of all the beers I've had in my beer career I don't think there is any type I could compare this to. The beer was as unique as it's name.

Aside from the beer the artwork on the wall caught my eye. I even thought about buying one of the shirts they displayed on the same wall. My only complaint was that I had a two hour drive ahead of me, so I decided to only drink one beer. I guess this means I'll have to go back out to Lancaster in the near future, and try one of other beers. I might have to order the beer sampler tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment