Friday, April 15, 2011

Is it Summer Already?

I intended to blog and pack for the weekend last night; I even left the office before 7 thinking I could use the extra time to do both. I had every intention to do this, but once I got home and laid on the couch I was sound asleep. Instead I packed this morning. As I won't be in town this weekend, I'm not sure if I will have any new blogs this weekend, so you'll have to check the twitter account as I do plan to update that. Because I didn't blog last night, I'm taken time during my lunch to say a few words about beer.

I realized last night that summer is right around the corner. I caught up with my parents at Houlihan's in Cherry Hill before heading home. The last time I was there I sat in the bar section and ended up drinking a few Cherry Wheat's. I have since ended that kick, and after hearing the beer list I noticed that three of the choices pertained to Summer Ales. For their summer seasonal, they had Sam Adam's, Blue Moon, and I can't seem to remember the third choice. As I haven't had a summer seasonal since last summer I went with the Blue Moon Summer Ale. I would have gone with the Sam's Adam ale, but I was informed the batch they had wasn't too good.

I got my first beer, and must say I wasn't sure if I got the correct beer as it looked like a Budweiser. Compared to the normal Blue Moon it was a much lighter, and didn't have that orange color. I took my first sip and tasted the crispness that most summer beers provide. I had forgotten how good these beers are to drink during the summer, and am looking forward to the summer beers. I planned to drink only one beer, but because of a bartender error, I got a second one! Thinking now, drinking that second one probaly caused me to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment