Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Cool Pint Glass for a Cool Beer

This upcoming weekend I won't be in town as I will be visiting Lauren's family and friends in Connecticut. Before committing to head north, my previous plans revolved around the Phillies as I had tickets to both Saturday and Sunday's game. Because of this I had to get rid of both pairs, and planned to sell the one pair Sunday night. After working Sunday afternoon, I headed up to the Pottstown area with Lauren, and we thought we could drop the tickets off and get back on the road considering it was late. However, as we were driving through the area we passed The Brick House, and because we had not eaten dinner, we decided to stop. Heck, I figured I could at least grab a beer. As I walked in, I immediately began thinking what beer I would order as I noticed several of my favorites on tap at the bar. The Brick House, which reminded me of an old bank from the 1920s had TVs set up throughout the bar area, and I was thrilled to see the Red Sox/Yankees game on considering some of those players are on my fantasy team. After looking at their beer choices, I decided to select a favorite of mine: Magic Hat #9. While I watched the game, I drank not one #9 but two #9s. It was a great feeling just relaxing and watching Sunday night baseball at an awesome bar. What impressed me even more was the pint glasses both beers were served in. Both beers were poured in a Magic Hat glass, which I don't think I've ever seen. As unique as Magic Hat beers are, the glasses were even cooler. I couldn't help but get excited about moving into my house, and geting some cool beer mugs to serve beer at my home bar. If I end back in the area I will absolutely visit this bar as the glasses alone told me this place takes pride in the beer they serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment