Sunday, May 29, 2011

#9 was a bit off

With the Phillies in prime time Saturday night I was looking to drink some beers, and ended going to PJs in Maple Shade. For my first draft I went with a safe bet: Magic Hat #9. However, after my first sip, something seemed off. I'm not 100% sure I had the correct beer, as the beer didn't taste exactly as I remembered. Even the color seemed ligther than most #9 drafts I've had. Regardless I drank the beer, and enjoyed it. I am aware that if you try the same beer from different batches the taste can differ. For my second draft I ordered a Seirra Nevada Pale Ale, which is a dark amber color. I prefer the Magic Hat beer over the Pale ale, but being thrown off by the taste of the #9 I choose another beer. Looking at the beer list, PJs is going to be offering three beers that I would drink. Out of the three I've never had the Lagunitas IPA, but am excited about the Brooklyn IPA. I consider this one of the better IPAs, and consider Brooklyn Brewery to be one of my favorite breweries.





No comments:

Post a Comment