Sunday, May 8, 2011

Yeungling Light in a Can? That's a First

Growing up I don't remember Sweet 16 parties being a big deal. I'm not sure if its because of the MTV show My Super Sweet 16, but for today's generation of kids it's a huge deal. From the gifts they get to the parties these parents throw, I can't help but think these are a bit extreme and outrageous. This past Saturday night, me and Laur got invited to a Sweet 16; as we love parties and people we decided to RSVP. Other then getting a good meal, I knew there would be plenty of alcohol and beer for those of legal age. Being that the party was held at a rented firehall there were coolers lined against the walls filled with beers to choose from. The selection of beer consisted of Yeungling light, Corona, and Michelob Ultra. There might have been a few more, but those were the ones I remembered. Because I'm not a fan of Corona and Michelob, I decided to go with a PA favorite Yeungling. Or should I say the Lager. Most times I've drank Yeungling, I've had it from the traditional green bottle. Yet, Saturday night was a first as I drank this beer out of a can I've never seen before. When it comes to drinking beer out of a bottle of can, I do prefer glass. I find beer out of glass to taste better, and at times when I drank beer out of a can I can taste the aluminum. A few summers back, I was at a party that had Yeungling light, which I decided to try and found it enjoyable. It didn't make me as full, but still had that great lager taste. I am surprised that a light beer still provides the taste the non light beer offers, as I find many light beers tasting like water. For those that never tried Yeungling light, I do suggest trying it. Perhaps the next time your at the store pick up a 6 pack, and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment