Saturday, May 7, 2011

I happen to like Fruit in my Beer

Yesterday was May 5th, or for those that like to celebrate holidays, Cinco De Mayo. I've made it clear that I love everything about the Mexican culture, and especially love the food and drinks. Because of the holiday you would assume I would have gone to a Mexican bar to celebrate. Perhaps I could have ended up at the Tent Party at The Tortilla Press; I heard last years party was a blast. Instead I was at the Phillies game drinking Shock Top beer.

Although I had tickets from my season package, I didn't plan to go. A few weeks back I gave Lauren the tickets and suggested she take a friend and have a good time. After she thought it over, she loves me so much that she invited me because she knew she would have the best time with me! When I got asked to go, I immediately accepted the invite as I love Lauren and I love the Phillies (You can barf now).

We got down to the stadium before the start of the game. Amazing, right?!? To celebrate the holiday I thought about ordering a Corona or maybe a Bud light lime, yet when it was time to order my first beer I knew those beers wouldn't satisfy me. My last time at the stadium I ordered a Shock Top draft for Lauren and found myself drinking her beer. Because I didn't want to drink to her beer again, I decided to order a draft for myself. I mentioned in a previous blog that when deciding on a beer your decision should be based on what your doing. When your at a ballgame, and its not freezing, you should order a lighter beer with great taste. The taste of the Shock Top goes down smooth, and I was again impressed that Citizens Bank Park offered oranges for the beer.

I remember a beer commercial about the Man Laws; a group that passes laws that men should life by when drinking beer. In the one commercial, Jimmie Johnson suggests passing a law that you never fruit your beer, which passes. I couldn't disagree more. When I hear statements like that, I realize the disconnect these mega beer companies like Budweiser have with today's beer drinkers. It seems they have lost all touch with us. With all the microbreweries opening, and the thousands that brew their own beer at home, the beer community has grown tremendously. The selection of brands and types is truly amazing; beer is one thing I am glad that I discovered.

To make the day even better, the Phillies ended up winning and it looks like Raul Ibanez is out of his slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment