Monday, May 16, 2011

Dinner by Sunset

For my first night in Aruba I had a sunset dinner. At the top of one of the hills (or mountain) there is a lighthouse that has an Italian restaurant within walking distance. For Itailian food it was was alright, however people obviously go here to watch the sunset. The beer menu wasn't as extension as the server mentioned Corona and Balashi before I made a decision. This place mainly serves wine as they had a book of white and red wine. Again, I went with the local flavor, and ordered Basahi, which is very light and not filling. Because I find Itailian food heavy it was refreshing to drink a beer that didn't make me full. The beer is so light that I easily drank 4 beers and not even feel any effects of the alcohol. Each time I got another beer the server would come out with a bottle and a frosted glass to pour it into. One of my biggest pet peeves when being served beer is when inexperienced servers pour beer into a glass. Instead of a nice glass of beer, you get a nice glass of foam, aka the head.



No comments:

Post a Comment