Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beers Before Breaking News

Hours before media outlets broke the news to the world that Bin Laden had been killed I was at PJ Whelihan's watching the Phillies and drinking beer. The beer of choice that night was Victory Brewing Company Headwater, which I've never had, nor even heard of. I've had Victory beer before, but their HopDevil is the only beer they brew that I really enjoy. As usual, I had a tough time picking a beer from their draft menu. I narrowed my choices down to the Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA, Magic Hat #9 and Victory Headwater. I was even impressed that they had Magic Hat Wacko on tap. Because I felt like all I've drank lately is Magic Hat and Dogfish Head, I went with the unknown. From the beer description I knew the Headwater beer was going to be a Pale Ale. Normally, when I haven't tried a beer before I will order a sample, but with this being a pale ale I knew what to expect. The beer, which appeared amber in color, did have a mild hop taste that went down smooth. I was surprised by the taste of this beer, and do want to mention that I had tweeted to Victory Brewing Company that I was drinking their beer and watching the Phillies. Life doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment