Monday, May 16, 2011

Just like NJ: Beer at the Market

After breakfast I went to a local Aruba supermarket. Like New Jersey you are able to purchase beer and liquor here, and thankfully unlike the restaurants I've gone too their selection of beer is much larger. To my surprise I also found many beers they I never even knew were brewed by some bigger named companies. They offer the typical American choices: Bud, Miller, and Sam Adam's lager (go figure), however I wanted to try something I've never had before. My first choice was a 6 pack of the KingFisher Premuim lager beer. Its served in a green bottle and looks lighter than most lagers, but my decision was based on the label listing it as a lager and won several beer awards. My second 6 pack choice was much tougher as I saw the many Belgains (ever since Monks) and beers I never knew were brewed such as the Heneken beer in a red box. I grabbed a bottle of the Amstel Bright beer (yes bright not light) and an older guy walking by began telling me how thats a good beer choice. He stated it was similar to a Corona and goes well with a lime. That was my sign. I will find out soon enough if they were good beer choices.

When we got back to the Marriot there was beer car parked in the lot.





No comments:

Post a Comment