Sunday, May 29, 2011

Yard Work and Beer: Doesn't get more Memorial Day than that

While most people spend the Memorial Day weekend BBQ and heading down the shore, I spent my Sunday doing yard work. By no means am I complaining, as I actually enjoy yard work. While out in the yard, I found a cooler filled with Natty Ice, and have no idea where this beer came from. I can't even remember the last time picking up a case of this "college" beer. This was one beer case that I immediately discarded as I wasn't going to drink Natty Ice, especially since this beer has been sitting in a cooler for God only knows how long.

I stayed hydrated most of the day by drinking water and Arnold Palmer's (my favorite non beer drink). At one point I was wanting a cold beer and grabbed one of the pick'em 6 packs: Geary's Summer Ale. This beer was actually really good, and refreshing. I do want to point out this beer had an awesome label. Because the label was so clever, I knew this brewer had a lot of pride in this beer. With this a Summer Ale the blue label had words that represented summer. I've included a picture below, but some of these words included: Bon Fires, BBQs, and Heat Waves. This beer was something I would recommend for a summer beer, and I'm hoping I can find this beer again for a tailgate.


No comments:

Post a Comment