Sunday, May 15, 2011

Officially On Vacay

I am officially on vacation on the country/island of Aruba. My flight landed around 2, and with the weather being hotter than hell I needed cold frosty beers. For most people when they vacation an island in the carribean they will drink rum or a fruity/frozen drink. Lets not kid, I'm certain by weeks end I will have a mojito, or a frozen drink but as of now I've only drank beer. From past experiences, I do realize that when you travel outside the states the beer selection isn't the same as what the Philadelphia area has to offer. After checking into the Marriot Surfclub we went to a sports bar (yes sports bar to watch the Phils) and their beer menu consisted of two beers: Heineken and Balashi. It was kind of funny that their beer list included several choices of the Balashi in different draft sizes. I went with the Aruba brewed beer and never had a beer like it. Although light in color it doesn't remind of me any bud or miller products. I would consider it to more of a corona with more of a taste. Even the non beer drinkers at the table enjoyed it.

Although I am on vacation I will be posting this week so keep reading. I'm going to some sunset dinner tonight so hopefully the beer Gods hear my prayers and this place will have a large beer selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment