Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Jones and the City

I've only been to Stephen Starr's restaurant Jones on Chestnut once. The last I ate there was after an afternoon Phillies game with Lauren. With the game ending around 4, we wanted to try a place we've never tried, and remembered the many positive reviews about this place. Having a $100 gift card also factored into the decision. If I remember correctly, on my last visit I drank Sam Adam's Oktoberfest, which is served as a Fall seasonal.

Sunday was Mother's day, and like most people we decided to take mom out for brunch. After kicking around several ideas we decided on Jones, as we've heard their brunch was one of the best the city has to offer. Although the food was excellent, I do want to point out the beer menu was full of local favorites including several Yards, Victory, and Yeungling products. While Lauren and my mom went with mimosas, I decided to go with Yards Pale Ale. Since all I've been drinking lately is IPAs, it was refreshing to drink a pale ale with a nice crisp taste. I had forgotten that these beers remind me of IPAs, without the bite. The only complaint I have about the beer menu was that they had no beers on draft. It's not that beers out of a bottle taste bad, I just find beer from a keg that much fresher. Despite the no draft selection, the menu was filled with beers on the lighter end such as Appalachian Water Gap Wheat to heavier beers such as Victory Storm Black King Stout. With the unique selection I had a tough time picking on a beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment