Saturday, May 21, 2011

Reality Tomorrow

It's been a few days since my last blog as my last few days I've done nothing but chill, drink, and eat. I haven't been this relaxed in some time, which is an awesome feeling. Unfortunately tonight is my last night in Aruba, and with the rapture/end of times not occuring today I will be flying back north tomorrow and will have work on Monday. Thankfully I'm going to the Phillies game on Tuesday for my birthday celebration/Roy Oswalt Bobblehead day. For those in the area, you are welcome to join me as I will be in lot K, and I will be grilling. I already took off work and should be down there sometime around mid afternoon.

Most of my days were spent on the beach or pool bar just straight chilling. I now understand how people can come to an island and decide to make a permanent move to a place like this. While at the beach today I did enjoy a Balashi, as what would the beach/ocean be without beer. The other night I did visit one of the local beach bars, Mooba. This bar, which is located right on the beach is under a giant hut that reminds me of a bar you would see out of the movies. Although there were people from the surrounding hotels, this seemed to be a place a lot of the locals hang out. I was surprised to see how friendly they were to us "shoobies." I ended up drinking Balashi Chill, which again is like a corona, and is served with a piece of lime.

The restaurants down here have been amazing, and if any one ever visits Aruba please ask me where to eat as I had some outstanding meals. I've eaten fresh seafood at places that had remarkable views on right on the water. The past few nights I've been cheating on beer as I did have a margarita on the rocks, and a mango mojito. Although I do enjoy the balashi, there is only so much of this island beer that I can drink. Perhaps my next venture would be to open a beach bar and import craft beer from the states. I'm not sure if it's too expensive to do so or if the country regulates the beer coming in, however the beer menus are limited.

I didn't get too many pictures this trip, but once I do get home I will be posting a few pictures of the trip.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Bill. I need you to help me out here. Seeing that your at this tropical paradise I thought you could help me out with this dilemma. Can you tell me when is the ocean the sea or the sea the ocean, and can you see the ocean from where your at. Thanks, Beer drinking fan from CT.

    ReplyDelete