Saturday, May 28, 2011

Almost that time of the Year

It's almost that time of year again. From June 3 through the 12 Philadelphia will run their annual beer week. In past years, I have not gotten too many of the events held in the city or the surrounding suburbs. Heck, thinking about it I don't think I made it to any events last year as I was too busy working. This year I'm hoping to change that. I haven't done too much research into all the events that will be held, but I promised myself I will make an effort to participate in at least an event per week. If any of my fellow beer lovers have attended any of the events in years past, and have recommendations please let me know. Philly beer week is a great time to celebrate the great leaps beer has taken even through the past few years. I've said it before, but Philadelphia is really become a beer mecca, and it's great to see beer become incredibly popular. It's an awesome time to try new beers from breweries you may have never known existed. The one type of event I am looking forward to planning is a dinner, beer pairing. I was on the website and noticed several breweries have teamed up with local restaurant to hold dinners all ranging in price.

Thankfully, beer week does not start tomorrow so I do have some to figure out my plans.

http://www.phillybeerweek.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment