Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday Night At the Market

I usually don't cook dinner. It's not that I can't or hate to, its mostly because I'm lazy. With Lauren working late I decided to surprise her and cook. I checked out the Food Network website and saw a section listing the 5 best grilled cheese. I instantly knew what we were eating tonight.
The Shop Right on Route 130 that opened this past year has an AWESOME beer/liquor/wine section for a supermarket. I repeat: AWESOME. Their selection really impressed me. For those Micro Beer lovers (like me) they have shelves that have all different types of beer and you can do a mix and match 6 pack for $9.99. It's a little pricy thinking about it, but if you take a second you'll realize it's not too bad considering your buying micro brews. None of their other prices were outragous either.

A few NYE back, I partied with my college roommates in New York city. Since my roommates lived on Long Island, we rented a stretch navigator to take into the city. I've done this twice in my life time, and both times were insane. Getting back on subject, I remember getting beer at a supermarket; I also remember stopping at a Dunkin Donuts/gas station to pick up beer. It's nice that New Jersey finally joined the 21st century and allows the sale of alcohol in supermarkets. Now if only PA can make changes to some of their extreme laws.

Since I don't have work tomorrow I ended up throwing a few beers back. I started with heavier/winter seasonal beers and realized I needed something ligther. Don't get me wrong I love winter beers, however I'm not sure if it's the weather but I'm really looking forward to the upcoming seasonal beers. Lately, I've been sick of winter beers. Thankfully I had Stoudts OctoberFest. I'm sure many of you beer drinkers are excited for the upcoming seasonal beers. For me, I'm excited for Blue Moon Honey Ale and  Sam Adams Summer ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment