Friday, January 21, 2011

Mexican Beer at a Mexican Restaurant

One of my favorite types of food would have to be Mexican. Over the past 6 months my family has become regulars at one of the local establishments in Pennsauken: The Tortilla Press. Not sure how many of you reading are in South Jersey area, however if you have never tried this restaurant please do yourself a favor and try it out. Tell Chef Mark I sent you, and I promise you will not be disappointed.

After another late night at work I was in the mood for some Chef Mark's cooking and joined my two favorite ladies: Lauren and my Mom for dinner. Most times my drink of choice would be margaritas on the rocks with salt on the rim, but as I posted in my previous blog I was craving a cold brew or two. I decided to keep up with the Mexican theme and ordered two Negra Modela Dark Beers. Honestly, my love for Mexican food usually doesn't extend to their beers. Although I will drink these beer types, I don't think I have ever ordered a Corona or Dos Equis, except when I was in Mexico or at Disney's Epcot. The ony times I tend to drink these would be at a party or when its offered for free. The beer was good and paired well with my shrimp fajitas, but I don't plan on going to the beer store anytime soon to pick up a 6 pack.

Thinking about it, is Negra Modela even brewed in Mexico?


No comments:

Post a Comment