Friday, January 28, 2011

State of the Blog

This past year I've had a strong desire to work for a beer company. However with many companies using the economy as an excuse and with most people getting hired based on who they know rather than what you know, I haven't had much luck. A few months back I thought I had a chance when I wrote an odd/different/out of the box cover letter to Flying Fish Brewing Company, unfortunately for me I'm still waiting for that return call. Growing up your told that you should pursue a career that you would enjoy. Jim Koch of Sam Adams Brewery got into brewing because it was what he loves. For me, I've always had a desire to write. But what surprised me was that I never knew I had a desire to blog. More importantly, I never knew I had the desire blog about beer and life.

Before I continue, I must admit I'm having an awesome time with this blog. Before I began blogging, I was questioned by many why I no longer wrote outside of work. I found myself making excuses but could never provide a good answer. As the new year rolled in I officially challenged myself to become a blogger as part of my New Years resolution.

As much as I love blogging about delicious beer, I also hope you're enjoying it. Without you, my blog would be nothing. I've been VERY suprised by the amount of hits and feedback I've received, and can honestly say I never expected this positive of an outcome. As I continue blogging and begin developing the website portion, I hope ALL of you will continue to read, and become followers. For those brave enough, please feel free to comment as I would love to hear from you.

At this time, I am currently working on expanding my blog and making it more reader and beer lover friendly. Please be sure to visit back often as I have many ideas planned for the next upcoming months. This is an exciting time for my website.

In the meantime, stay thirsty, continue drinking beer, and keep reading.

Yours Truly,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment