Sunday, March 6, 2011

11:58 Time for a Brew

I woke up Saturday excited to get a haircut. I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the best feelings for a guy is getting a haircut. After my haircut, dropping off the dry cleaners, and taking Lauren's car to Pep Boys it was noon and I wanted to get lunch. My suggestions are generally based on the what beer will be offered so I suggested PJ Whelihan's in Maple Shade. We got seated before the lunch crowd arrived and I was unsure what beer to order. Looking at the bar area I could see what was on tap, however I decided to ask the server. To my surprise she said she can provide me their current beer selection which I prefer as most places will provide a brief description for each beer. Scanning the list I noticed the Brooklyn Brewing Company '55 pilsner. Curiosity set in and I asked if I could try a sample before ordering a draft. For those trying new beers, I highly recommend asking your server for a sample to see if you like it. There's nothing worse than ordering a beer you won't enjoy and from my experience most places will have no issue with meeting this request. I've tried Brooklyn brewing company before and consider it a fine microbrewery so I was interested in trying this beer. The description stated this beer was named after the '55 Dodgers which I found cool as my second love is baseball. The server brought over a generous sample and noticed the beer was dark in color. I took my first sip and realized how smooth and light this beer was, but didn't care for it until my third sip. I would order this beer, but didn't find this beer to be a choice to pair with my lunch. When participating in afternoon drinking I prefer to go with lighter brews and one of PJs Saturday beer specials is Blue Moon Drafts for $2.75. As you can't beat the price I drank two. Both drafts quenched my thirst and the size of the sliced orange included is worth mentioning. When drinking blue moon an orange is required and there is nothing better than having a nice sized orange floating in your beer.

http://pjspub.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment