Thursday, March 17, 2011

Is not Drinking on Saint Patrick's Day a Sin?

This past week has been a long and stressful one. I got home and considered heading to a local drinking hole to grab multiple beers. I had the urge this evening to drink as I drove past PJ Whelihan's in Cherry Hill and saw the massive crowds celebrating the holiday. With it being Saint Patrick's Day I thought I could be fun and meet up with all the drunks. Things quickly changed by the time I got home; I instantly realized how exhausted I was and decided to skip the bars. Besides, if I go to bed at a reasonable time tonight, I could use the extra rest for the next few days that will include a beer or two. I also won't have to deal with the cops. Although I didn't go out, tonight wasn't a total loss; I did have all the left over beer from past 6 packs and beer of the month clubs. To get into the spirit of the holiday I attempted to drink the Irish Stout beer. I'm sadden to say I had to pour this beer out as it tasted like coffee, and I HATE coffee. Having this beer quickly changed my mood. I'm not sure if I am sick, but I was no longer wanted to drink beer and poured a glass of ice tea. I know this is SHOCKING! Hell, it's shocking to me! I'm sure this feeling won't continue into the weekend. At least I hope not.



No comments:

Post a Comment