Thursday, March 24, 2011

Not All Pale Ales are Created Equal

I cut out of work today at 5:30 and hit no traffic. It was a nice surprise to see the sun out despite it being cold and windy. For the first time this week I was able to enjoy dinner at home and got to drink a beer with my meal. I know some people don't like drinking beer while eating, but I'm not one of them. Having a beer with breakfast, lunch or dinner is a must for me. Its been a few weeks since I've went to the beer store, so I resorted to drinking a past Beer of the Month Club, and grabbed the Dominion Hop Mountain Pale Ale. I read on the beer label that this beer was for Hop Lovers and a balanced Pale Ale. I couldn't disagree more after my first sip. It's not often that I find a pale ale that I don't like, however I couldn't have been happier that this was a beer was from my clube and wasn't something I purchased in a 6 pack for $8.99. The beer had an odd aftertaste that tasted stale; I'm not sure if there was an issue with the batch of beer sent to me, but I will not trying this beer again. Nor would I recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment