Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lunch with Sam

Saturday morning/afternoon was a bit rough, but that's usually the situation when I stay up to see the sun rise. I finally got out of bed around noon, which was a treat considering most mornings I'm up by 7:30 for work. I was in for an even bigger treat when I got to watch the Phillies on the YES Network (I was in Yankees Country). After watching an inning or two of Cole pitching I headed to lunch to get some food and grab a beer or two. As I was a bit hungover and exhausted from the night before I wasn't in the mood to travel too far so we ended up at Maggie McFlys which is a themed bar/restaurant after a pilot? I've been there before and remembered they had a decent beer menu. After listening to the waitress tell me what they had on draft I realized this place was close to Boston. The beer menu was loaded with different and unique Same Adam products, and throughout the restaurant there was Sam Adams signs, mirrors, and lights. For my first round I went with the Sam Adam's seasonal Noble pilsner which had a light taste and color. The beer was a little too light for my liking so for my second round, I decided to change things up and ordered a Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat. I can't remember ever trying this beer, and honestly before I ordered it I didn't think I would care for it. In my head, I pictured a very light beer that tasted like miller light with a hint of cherry. When the waitress served the beer, I couldn't help but notice how much darker it was than I expected. Then the moment of truth came, and I took my first sip. I was instantly greeted by a heavier cherry taste and instantly fell in love.

http://www.maggiemcflys.com/ordereze/default.htm




No comments:

Post a Comment