Sunday, March 27, 2011

Call Me a Regular Joe

I was going through past blogs and realized I've frequented the Iron Hill Brewery enough times to consider myself a regular. The fact that I will be moving close enough to walk to this place makes believe I will be blogging about my favorite brewery even more. I apologize in advance. The last few times I've been to the Iron Hill in Maple Shade I've been told by a friend who serves there that I need to try the India Black Ale. If I remember correctly, I think I tried this beer in a flight I ordered a month back, but then again, it was a Saturday afternoon and I did have a few of their Rising Suns so I might have not tried this beer.

I've been to this place enough times that I can tell you the beers they always have on draft. Because I can always get their red lager, inbound ale, or porter I can't remember the last time I actually ordered one of those drafts. Instead I always find myself looking at the rotating list they offer. Wanting to try and blog about a beer I never tried, I went with the India Black Ale. Although the beer was dark in color, it wasn't a thick or heavy beer that I expected it to be. It had a roasted hop taste that went down smooth. Smooth enough that when it came time to order another I ordered the same draft.

I was glad I ordered this beer. When I saw my friend Steve I was sure to tell him I took his suggestion and agreed with him that this beer was delicious. I also learned that every first Tuesday of the month they have a home brewing meeting where local brewers come to the brewery to discuss their beer and let others try it. I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to next weeks meeting, but I will definately have to see about attending one in the near future. Steve also shared that he was brewing his own beer, and I suggested to him that if he would allow me to try his beer I would blog about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment