Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Lone Sober Man on a Drunken Day

Tomorrow is Saint Patrick's Day; considered by many as one of the biggest drinking days of the year. Perhaps bigger than New Years Eve. While I'm certain many of my readers will be drinking like a true Irishman or woman I'll be at the office sitting behind a monitor. I'm not looking for pity, as I can honestly say the lure and fun of Saint Patty's Day ended once I graduated from college because I entered the real world. Thinking about it I can't remember the last time I actually drank on this holiday. Things use to be different; there was a time when I considered Saint Patrick's Day as one of my favorite days of the semester. Hell, I would have compared it to Christmas, as I would have a tough time sleeping the night before. For many Irish, I know it's tradition serve corn beef and cabage for dinner to celebrate, but my tradition was a bit different. Each year I had my alarm set for7AM to play the 1st beer pong game of the day. My day of drinking turned into a night of drinking, and eventually ended up at Murphs Study Hall. Those days are long gone, and as I have real responsibilities. As it is Saint Patrick's Day tomorrow, if I do end up at a bar for drink I will order a Guiness or Harp. You just have to be careful drinking too much because I'm certain there will be cops out on the roads.

Looking at the calendar, I just realized this holiday will be on a Saturday in 2013. Maybe I could talk my old college friends to celebrating with the H breeze. Heck, it would make one hell of a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment